Friday, December 12, 2008

My Internet Cafe Business

"Every journey starts with a single step"
- this is my thinking on how to escape from personal financial crisis.

~~~
It starts with my friend telling "pare bakit hindi ka na lang magtayo ng internet cafe sa bahay nyo, tutal may pwesto ka naman at investment din ito?" he knows that my residence can put up a small business and it was a beauty parlor before. It always play in my mind why not I can do it I'm a computer science graduate but how can I start? do i have the financial capacity to raise a computer shop business? The capital is big and no one can support me.

This is my chance to redeem myself, I start checking my credit cards, my allowable credit, and searching for a bank for a loan just to start my business. And says to myself "baon na ako sa utang, uutang na naman ako" this is the big challenge.

Fortunately, Im on my way of starting it I availed my credit card 3x the credit limit (you know what bank is it) and purchased 3 units as starting. As my luck continues I've got one approved loan and bought another 2 units, and another 1 coming from PLDT MyDSL Biz a free pc bundled when I applied for a internet connection. A total of six units in one month operation and still need to expand. Here I go again, back to the bank asks for an increase in my credit limit and hooray two of my credit cards got approved and buy another 4 units. Ten units in operation works fine and the saving as well plus my monthly payment to the banks. My place can accomodate upto twelve units of computer plus the printer.

And now I have 12 units in operations, plus a printer and a aircondition. My savings is not that much but I can pay my monthly electric bill, PLDT, credit cards and banks. Mid-next year my monthly amortization will end and this is the day I am waiting for.

Thanks to this site tipidpc it helps me with other ideas in starting lanshop business.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i have always wanted to have an internet shop. right now, i am a corporate slave. i know, deym. i'm happy for you. sana maging successful ka. :-)

Ms. Hopeful said...

hi choi,

may your business flourished for GOD's glory and be a channel of blessings for those in need.

Unknown said...

Very interesting blog! Haven't been updated for a while yet the information is very useful! Thanks! I think I got a little inspiration. Internet cafe... Might just be possible to start one...

Rachael said...

This was really an inspiring article. I hope that the future internet shop owners could also have the luck and the spirit that you have when you've started your own shop. This could really be something that they should do. Never be afraid to take the risk.

Aim high and hoping for the continuous success of your shop. Good Luck!

Rachael

Kanegosyo

crazyoverdebt said...

Hello Rachael,

Thank you for your good comments. As of now my Internet Cafe is still operating and income is stable. With the strong competition in the market, the low-rate per hour really make this business to go down would you believe that there is Internet Shop that offers a 10pesos per hour and even to slide it down to a 15pesos for 2 hours.

Will post another topic regarding the price-war.

Again, Thank you.

Rachael said...

Nowadays, every households has their own internet connection that's why you have limited customers in your shop. I just hope that despite this fact you'd be able to maintain the stable income. You can add some gimik or you may want to improve the ambiance to let some customers keep on coming in your shop. :)

Rachael

Kanegosyo

Anonymous said...

i'm from qc..one week pa lng ako ngooperate pero lagi ako pinupunthan ng mga pulis bawal daw maglaro ang mga bata ng violent games.. sino ba ang authority na magpatupad ng ordinance..mga pulis ba o business permit and licensure office (BPLO)?

crazyoverdebt said...

To anonymous,

Know first if there is existing ordinance, at marami namang sigurong shop dyan ask them kung binibisita din ba sila ng mga pulis. It seems they want some from you pero wag ka maglalabas aabusuhin ka nyan. If you have a business permit then it is legit at kung may problema man e dapat yung taga-munisipyo ang pupunta sayo.